No. 2 seed Maryland women’s basketball will look to keep the momentum going as it takes on No. 7 seed Alabama in the Round of 32 of the 2021 NCAA Tournament.
The Terps are on a 14-game win streak and are the top scoring offense in the nation averaging 91.5 points per game. Six different players average 10 or more points per game and the Terps’ assist to turnover ratio leads the country (1.70).
Alabama is a veteran-led team and is making its first NCAA Tournament appearance since 1999.
The lone time these two teams met was in 2001, before head coach Brenda Frese took over the Terps, and Alabama came out on top, 71-56.
Tip off between the Terps and Tide is set for at 1 p.m. and will air on ESPN2.
As always, this is your space for thoughts, observations or whatever you would like to share, but be respectful.
Catch up before the game
- Maryland women’s basketball NCAA Tournament preview: Second round vs Alabama
- How to watch Maryland women’s basketball vs Alabama in the NCAA Tournament
- Three takeaways from No. 2 seed Maryland women’s basketball’s first-round NCAA Tournament win
- Maryland women’s basketball cruises past Mount St. Mary’s, 98-45, in first round of NCAA Tournament
- Maryland women’s basketball responds to weight room controversy, “disappointed” with original conditions