Maryland women’s basketball is set to face No. 6 seed Iowa in the Big Ten tournament championship today, with the team looking to take home the title for the second consecutive season.
The Terps, the top-seeded team in the tournament, advanced following a 85-52 victory over Northwestern Friday, marking their seventh time making the championship game in seven seasons in the conference.
These two teams only faced off against one another once during the regular season, when the Terrapins defeated the Hawkeyes, 111-93 on Feb. 23. Senior guard Katie Benzan led the team game with a career-high 29 points on 9-of-10 shooting beyond the arc. The two star sophomore guards had big contributions as well, as Diamond Miller had 27 points and Ashley Owusu also posted 24 points and 12 assists.
Iowa defeated No. 7 seed Michigan State, 87-72, on Friday to reach the finals.
The two squads are set for a 2 p.m. tipoff. All action will be televised on ESPNU.
Maryland: 23-2 (17-1 Big Ten)
Iowa: 18-8 (11-8 Big Ten)
All-time series: Maryland leads 8-4
How to Watch and Listen
Saturday, March 13, 2021, 2 p.m. ET, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
Streaming: Watch ESPN
Catch up before the game
- Big Ten tournament championship preview: Maryland vs Iowa
- Maryland women’s basketball locks in defensively, defeats Northwestern, 85-52
- Maryland women’s basketball narrowly defeats Nebraska, 83-73, advances to Big Ten tournament semifinal
- Brenda Frese wins Big Ten Coach of the Year for Maryland women’s basketball
- Seven Maryland women’s basketball players receive Big Ten honors
- No. 8 Maryland women’s basketball fires its way past Iowa in electric shootout, 111-93