After defeating Nebraska, 83-73, Thursday, top-seeded Maryland women’s basketball faces off against Northwestern in the Big Ten semifinals.
These two teams faced off against one another once during the regular season, when the Terps defeated the Wildcats, 62-50, on Feb. 28 in Evanston, Illinois. Mimi Collins led the team with 18 points while Diamond Miller added 17 points. Each had 10 rebounds as well.
Northwestern defeated Michigan, 65-49, on Thursday and Illinois, 67-42, on Wednesday to reach this point. Senior Lindsey Pulliam has led the way with a combined 39 points in the Wildcats’ two wins during the tournament.
Maryland is only one win away from reaching the tournament championship for the seventh consecutive season.
The game is set to begin at 2 p.m. and will be televised on Fox Sports 2.
Maryland: 22-2 ( 17-1 Big Ten)
Northwestern: 15-7 (11-7 Big Ten)
All-time series: Maryland 10-1
How to watch and listen
Friday, March 11, 2021, 2 p.m. ET, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
TV: Fox Sports 2
Stream: Fox Sports Go
Catch up before the game
- Maryland women’s basketball Big Ten tournament preview: Semifinals vs Northwestern
- Maryland women’s basketball narrowly defeats Nebraska, 83-73, advances to Big Ten tournament semifinal
- Seven Maryland women’s basketball players receive Big Ten honors
- Brenda Frese wins Big Ten Coach of the Year for Maryland women’s basketball
- Photo gallery: Maryland women’s basketball takes sole possession of Big Ten championship
- 500 wins: How Brenda Frese’s emphasis on connecting with players helped guide her to a program record