Maryland women’s basketball opens up its postseason slate on Thursday morning, taking on Nebraska at 11 a.m. for its first matchup of the Big Ten tournament.
The Terps enter the game as the top seed in the conference, while the Cornhuskers are seeded eighth.
These two teams only faced off against one another once during the regular season, when the Terps defeated the Cornhuskers, 95-73 on Feb. 14. That win gave head coach Brenda Frese her 500th win at Maryland.
Nebraska defeated Minnesota, 72-61, on Wednesday to move to the next round and meet the Terps, led by junior forward Sam Haiby’s 19 points and eight rebounds.
Maryland has advanced to the tournament championship game in every season since joining the Big Ten, a streak it’ll look to continue starting with the matchup against the Cornhuskers.
The Numbers (regular season)
Maryland: 21-2 (17-1 Big Ten)
Nebraska: 11-11 (8-10 Big Ten)
All-time series: Maryland leads 13-0
How to watch and listen
Thursday, March 11, 2021, 11 a.m ET, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
TV: Fox Sports 2
Stream: Fox Sports Go
Catch up before the game
- Maryland women’s basketball Big Ten tournament preview: Quarterfinals vs Nebraska
- Seven Maryland women’s basketball players receive Big Ten honors
- Brenda Frese wins Big Ten Coach of the Year for Maryland women’s basketball
- No. 8 Maryland women’s basketball secures sole possession of Big Ten title with 88-61 win over Penn State
- Three takeaways from Maryland women’s basketball’s victory over Penn State
- Photo gallery: Maryland women’s basketball takes sole possession of Big Ten championship
- 500 wins: How Brenda Frese’s emphasis on connecting with players helped guide her to a program record