Week Two of the 2020 NFL season kicked off on Thursday, and several Terps took the field on Sunday.
Buffalo Bills wide receiver Stefon Diggs easily had the best performance of any of former Maryland football players across the league.
Diggs went off for 153 yards and one touchdown, his first as a Bill, and he caught eight of his 13 targets from Josh Allen. With the victory, he and Buffalo improved to 2-0.
Former Terp wide receiver DJ Moore also had himself a day.
He caught eight of his 13 targets for 120 yards, leading the Panthers in receiving yards against the division rival Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Moore should continue to be the lead guy for Carolina as the chemistry with new quarterback Teddy Bridgewater gets stronger each week.
- New Minnesota Vikings defensive end Yannick Ngakoue recorded his first sack with the club. It was a strip sack of quarterback Philip Rivers, but the Colts recovered the loose ball. He finished the contest with three tackles, two solo, a sack and two quarterback hits.
- Safety Darnell Savage and the rest of the Green Bay Packers defense held the Lions to three touchdowns en route to a 42-21 victory. Savage recorded four tackles, with two of them being solo in the game.
- Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson also had three tackles, with one solo tackle in the win against Miami.
- New England cornerback J.C. Jackson only had one tackle in the loss to Seattle after a monster first game of the season. Defensive tackle Byron Cowart also had one tackle for the Patriots Sunday night.
- Pittsburgh Steelers rookie running back Anthony McFarland Jr. was active for the first time in his young career, but he failed to record a stat.
- Steelers safety Sean Davis did not register a stat for the second time this season.
- Detroit Lions running back Ty Johnson also suited up but did not record a stat for the second straight game.
- Carolina linebacker Jermaine Carter failed to register a stat as well.
- Linebacker Josh Woods was inactive for the Chicago Bears against the Giants.