Welcome back to ouTTakes, a podcast that’s here to discuss Maryland sports from an inside perspective. Our goal of the podcast is to shine a different light on Terps sport figures and allow you to get to know them as people.
This time, Cody Wilcox and I were joined by running back Javon Leake ahead of the 2020 NFL Draft. The Terp led the Big Ten with 7.2 yards per carry and was named the Big Ten Return Specialist of the Year last season.
On this episode:
- What has Leake been doing to stay busy and prepare for the draft while stuck at home?
- How did Leake decide to forgo his senior season and enter the draft?
- How did the running back prep for the NFL Combine?
- What was the NFL Combine experience like?
- What goes through Leake’s mind on a kick return?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted Leake’s pre-draft process?
- Leake shares what his virtual draft day look like.
- What are Leake’s goals for his career in the NFL?
- We end with some fun rapid fire questions.
Make sure to follow our Testudo Times Podcast Network Twitter account here for exclusive podcast content.
You can find every episode of the Testudo Times Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.