Former Maryland football player Stefon Diggs has continued to prove he’s one of the best receivers in the NFL so far this season. Through four games for the undefeated Buffalo Bills, he’s tied with Seattle’s D.K. Metcalf for the NFL lead in receiving yards with 403 yards.
The 403 yards marks the best start to a season of Diggs’ career, besting his 391 yards through four games with the Minnesota Vikings in 2017.
The Gaithersburg, Maryland, native caught six of his seven targets for 115 yards, leading Buffalo in catches and receiving yards for the third time this season. Diggs seems on his way to a first-career Pro Bowl appearance after nearly making it a season ago with Minnesota.
Diggs also caught a long pass for 49 yards in style, giving a glimpse of his best Randy Moss impression.
.@stefondiggs is playing better than every WR in the game. pic.twitter.com/EU5RqUY7yh— Maryland Football (@TerpsFootball) October 4, 2020
Former Terp and Super Bowl champion Torrey Smith also logged onto Twitter to talk about the crazy grab.
RANDYYYYYYYYY @stefondiggs— Torrey Smith (@TorreySmithWR) October 4, 2020
Green Bay Packers second-year safety Darnell Savage put together a successful game on Monday Night Football against Atlanta. Savage had a season high six total tackles, five of them solo, and one was a tackle for loss. The safety also deflected a pass from Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.
The second-year defensive back is off to another promising start for the green and gold. Through four games he has 21 total tackles with 15 solo tackles and one pass deflection.
- New England Patriots cornerback J.C. Jackson had another successful game on Monday. The third-year man recovered a fumble, registered two tackles and deflected a pass in the loss to the Chiefs. Jackson continues to have a great season for New England.
- Bills defensive lineman Quinton Jefferson had a great game in the win over Las Vegas. Jefferson recorded one tackle, which was a sack of quarterback Derek Carr. He also recovered one of two fumbles for the Bills defense.
- Minnesota Vikings defensive end Yannick Ngakoue also cashed in one of his best games of the year. Ngakoue registered five solo tackles and sacked Texans quarterback Deshuan Watson. The Vikings got their first win of the season with a 31-23 win over Houston.
- Carolina Panthers wide receiver DJ Moore is still looking to find his groove as he caught four of his six targets for 49 yards this week. The third-year wideout was third on the team in catches and receiving yards. The Panthers were able to defeat Arizona 31-21.
- Panthers linebacker Jermaine Carter Jr. picked up two tackles, one of which was a tackle for a loss in the win this week. Carter also took it to social media to talk about his fellow Terp alumni playing on Sunday.
Dirty Terps out there making plays today— Jermaine Carter Jr. (@JERMA1NECARTER) October 4, 2020
- Chicago Bears linebacker Josh Woods had his best game of the season. He collected three tackles in the loss to the Indianapolis Colts.
- On Monday night, Patriots defensive tackle Byron Cowart hurled in two tackles in a 26-10 loss to Kansas City.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers, with Anthony McFarland Jr. and Sean Davis, received their bye week this week after their opponent, the Tennessee Titans, had a COVID-19 breakout.
- This week, running back Ty Johnson was released by the Detroit Lions and later signed with the New York Jets. The Jets currently have Frank Gore and La’Mical Perine active in their backfield, along with Le’Veon Bell on the injured reserve.