Less than a week after being crushed in its season opener, Maryland football makes its 2020 home debut under the lights against the Minnesota Golden Gophers at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
The Terps were defeated 43-3, with their only score as a field goal in the opening series. The new makeup team got in its own way with poor mistakes, such as Taulia Tagovailoa throwing three interceptions and Isaiah Jacobs fumbling the ball.
Minnesota is also in search of its first win after suffering a 49-24 beatdown by the No. 18 Michigan Wolverines at home last Saturday.
This will be Maryland’s first ever homecoming and Big Ten contest played as the season home opener. The Terps have won 19 of their last 21 first games in College Park and are 3-2 all-time against the Gophers.
The game will air on ESPN.
Maryland: 0-1 (0-1 Big Ten)
Minnesota: 0-1 (0-1 Big Ten)
All-time series: Maryland leads 3-2
Odds: Minnesota is a 19.5-point favorite
How to watch and listen
Friday, Oct. 30, 7:30 p.m. ET, Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium, College Park, Maryland
TV: ESPN (Jason Benetti, play-by-play; Andre Ware, analyst; Quint Kessenich, reporter)
Radio: 105.7 FM (Baltimore) / 980 AM (Washington, D.C.), TuneIn Radio App, Sirius XM 382 (Johnny Holliday, C.J. Brown and LaMont Jordan)
Stream: ESPN App
Catch up before the game
- Maryland football vs Minnesota preview: A Friday night home opener
- Taulia Tagovailoa puts in extra effort to correct mistakes from his Maryland debut
- Testudo Times Podcast: A Different Kind of Homecoming
- Wide receiver Jeshaun Jones found his place back on the field in Maryland’s season debut
- Three takeaways from Maryland football’s season-opening debacle against Northwestern
- Behind Enemy Lines: Preseason preview of the Minnesota Golden Gophers