JC Jackson made his presence felt once again for the Patriots defense, even as they lost their second game in a row and fell to 10-3.
The Patriots lost 23-16 to the Chiefs Sunday, but Jackson put up a stellar line with one interception, two tackles and a pass deflected.
Although they lost, the Patriots put up a strong performance against the Chiefs explosive offense, led by 2018 NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes.
Jackson was graded as the best defensive player for the Patriots against the Chiefs, earning a grade of 90.2, according to Patriots beat reporter Evan Lazar. Three passes were thrown Jackson’s way on the day and only two were completed for just 19 yards.
The former Terp now has three interceptions on the season and has really developed into one of the more underrated pieces on the Patriots vaunted defensive unit.
Other Standout Performers
DJ Moore didn't quite live up to the performances that he has put up over the past few weeks, but he had another solid game as the Panthers lost to the Falcons 40-20. Moore recorded four catches for 81 yards on six targets.
His best play came on a 39 yard reception late in the second quarter, where he made an incredible one handed grab in tight coverage. The former Terp ranks fourth in the NFL in terms of receiving yards with 1061 (13.6 YPR), and he crossed the 1000-yard mark for the first time in his career during this game.
DJ Moore continues to impress each week. Man, that is such a tough catch. pic.twitter.com/Lm6FfnvFma— Panthers 24/7 (@Panthers24_7) December 8, 2019
Stefon Diggs got back on track with a solid performance in the Vikings 20-7 win over the Lions. Diggs recorded six catches for 92 yards on nine targets. He made some incredible catches throughout the game, including this one.
This is an insane rep for Stefon Diggs and Darius Slay, impressive for both players.— Austin Gayle (@PFF_AustinGayle) December 8, 2019
A great throw and toe-tapping snag narrowly beats tight coverage from Slay. pic.twitter.com/tsnMY6r8Ho
Other Terps in Action
- Yannick Ngakoue had a solid game for the Jaguars during their 45-10 loss to the Chargers. He recorded four total tackles and two QB hits.
- Darnell Savage was fairly quiet during the Packers 20-15 win over the Redskins. The first round pick recorded just three total tackles.
- Quinton Jefferson made his presence felt during the Seahawks 28-12 loss on Sunday Night Football to the Rams. The defensive lineman recorded two tackles and had two QB hits.
- Ty Johnson was once again quiet during the Lions 20-7 loss to the Vikings. Johnson recorded just two rushes for three yards and had one catch for seven yards.
- Trey Edmunds did not have any rushes for the Steelers during their 23-17 win over the Cardinals, but recorded one catch for seven yards.
- Jermaine Carter Jr. had one tackle during the Panthers 40-20 loss to the Falcons.
- Josh Woods had one tackle during the Bears 31-24 win over the Cowboys on Thursday Night Football. With star linebacker Roquan Smith now done for the season for the Bears, Woods should continue to see more action.
- Byron Cowart was inactive for the Patriots.
- Vernon Davis was placed on the IR a few weeks ago for the Redskins and Sean Davis remains on the IR for the Steelers.
Tune in every week to the Terps in the Pros Podcast to hear more about all the NFL Terps and other former Terps in professional sports and follow our new Testudo Times Podcast Network Twitter account to hear more about some really awesome podcasts.