Week 3 of the NFL season wrapped up Monday night with the Steelers defeating the Buccaneers, capping another week full of close games, controversial penalties and former Maryland Terrapins making plays on the gridiron.
Here’s the roundup:
- Redskins TE Vernon Davis had the best performance of any Terp in the NFL during the Redskins’ win over the Packers. He finished with two receptions for 70 yards, including a 50-yard catch and run.
- Vikings WR Stefon Diggs was held in check on Sunday, as was the entire Minnesota team during a shocking 27-6 loss to the Bills. Diggs only had 17 yards on four catches.
- Jaguars DE Yannick Ngakoue had his best game of the young season in the Jaguars’ 9-6 loss to the Titans, although that’s not saying much. He only recorded two total tackles.
- Panthers WR DJ Moore saw plenty of playing time in the third game of his career, playing nearly half of the snaps during Carolina’s 31-21 win over the Bengals. However, Moore only finished with one catch for three yards.
- Panthers WR Torrey Smith had a better performance than his teammate, finishing with three catches for 18 yards.
- Panthers LB Jermaine Carter Jr. had three defensive snaps and plenty of special teams snaps, but didn’t make it onto the stat sheet.
- Seahawks DE Quinton Jefferson didn’t do much in Seattle’s win over Dallas, as he finished with one assisted tackle.
- Steelers safety Sean Davis finished with six tackles (five solo), a pass defense and a QB hit. His teammate, WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, was silent on offense and flagged for a fourth-quarter personal foul on punt coverage. Pittsburgh won 30-27 in Tampa Bay.
- Patriots corner JC Jackson was inactive again for the New England Patriots, who were drubbed by the Lions.
After a strong Week 2 for the Terps in the NFL, it’s fair to say that Week 3 was underwhelming. With the Maryland Terrapins having a bye week this weekend, the NFL Terps have a chance to steal the spotlight and have better Week 4 performances.