Maryland vs. Michigan was scheduled to begin at noon ET on Saturday, but that start time has been pushed back as a thunderstorm in the Ann Arbor area has caused a delay.
According to the Terps’ sports information director, the game is expected to start at 1:10.
Warm-up clock is running. Looking like game will start in 46 minutes (1:10).— Dustin Semonavick (@TerpsSID) October 6, 2018
Michigan Stadium gates didn’t open at the normally scheduled time of 11 a.m. ET, which officially signaled the delay.
⚡️ Update: The start of today’s game has been suspended. Game time will be announced once determined.— Michigan Football (@UMichFootball) October 6, 2018
Michigan Stadium gates remain closed. They would open 1 hour prior to game time.
Stay in your and stay tuned.#GoBlue pic.twitter.com/0v2KIqDxfa
Intermittent lightning continued until around noon, when a tentative start time of 1:15 was reported.
Michigan-Maryland will have a tentative start of 1:15 p.m. -- gates to stadium will open at 12:30 p.m.— Nick Baumgardner (@nickbaumgardner) October 6, 2018
All subject to change.
Maryland and Michigan have agreed to a 17-minute halftime (20 is normal). And according to WXYZ’s Brad Galli, the teams and the league debated condensing the broadcast to include few or no commercials, which would be something.
The Big Ten, Maryland, and Michigan are seriously talking about a game broadcast with potentially no commercials.— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) October 6, 2018
The latest we hear: only timeouts would be because of injury and coaches.
The hourly forecast on Weather.com says scattered thunderstorms could resume around 4 p.m. ET.
As we wait for the later kickoff, here’s some pregame reading:
- Thomas has the in-depth Maryland-Michigan preview. This is as tough a test the Terrapins will face until they face Ohio State and Penn State back-to-back to end the season.
- Our Michigan friends at Maize ‘N Brew give you their take on this one.
- Maryland men’s soccer fell to Michigan State last night.
- Over at SB Nation dot com, Jason Kirk has your guide to today’s games.
- They’ll likely mention the investigation into DJ Durkin and Maryland’s player treatment at some point on the TV today. Here’s what you should know about that, in case you need a review.