No. 10 seed Maryland men’s basketball looks to pull off the program’s biggest upset in recent memory as it takes on No. 2 seed Alabama in the Round of the 32 of this year’s NCAA Tournament.
The Terps have won all but one of their five previous matchups with the Crimson Tide, though the two programs haven’t met since the 2012-13 season.
Maryland’s defensive integrity will be put to the ultimate test in this matchup, facing an offense unlike any it has seen this season. Alabama runs the most fast-paced offensive system in the country, boasting several All-SEC First and Second Teamers and the SEC Player of the Year in Herb Jones.
The winner will advance to face No. 11 seed UCLA in the Sweet Sixteen.
Tip off between the Tide and Terps is set for 8:45 p.m. and will be televised on TNT.
As always, this is your space for thoughts, observations or whatever you would like to share, but be respectful.
Catch up before the game
- Maryland men’s basketball NCAA Tournament preview: Round of 32 vs Alabama
- How to watch Maryland men’s basketball vs Alabama in Round of 32
- Forward Galin Smith will share the floor with former Alabama teammates in Round of 32
- Maryland men’s basketball continues NCAA Tournament run with a chip on its shoulder
- Maryland men’s basketball defeats Connecticut, 63-54, advances in NCAA Tournament
- Three takeaways from Maryland men’s basketball’s NCAA Tournament win over UConn
- Testudo Times Podcast: March = Madness
- Road to Indianapolis: Episode 3