The 2021 NCAA tournament has been filled with upsets so far and No. 10 Maryland men’s basketball looks to add another to the list against No. 2 seed Alabama Monday night.
Maryland took down the seventh-seeded Connecticut Huskies, 63-54, on Saturday night, led by a dazzling performance by Eric Ayala. The junior guard went off for 21 points, STATS.
The Terrapins only got one point from their bench in the victory, coming from Galin Smith at the charity stripe. The forward, who joined the Terps as a graduate transfer this season, will look to have a bigger impact and make a statement against his former team in the Crimson Tide in the second round matchup.
A trip to the Sweet Sixteen is on the line, with the winner moving on to face either No. 11 seed UCLA or No. 14 seed Abilene Christian. Maryland hasn’t advanced that far in the tournament since 2016.
The action is set to tip at 8:45 p.m. and will be televised on TNT.
Maryland: 17-13, 9-11 Big Ten
Alabama: 25-6, 16-2 SEC
All-time series: Maryland leads 4-1
Odds: Alabama -5.5
How to watch and listen
Monday, March 22, 8:45 p.m. ET, Banker’s Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
TV: TNT (Brian Anderson, Play-by-Play; Jim Jackson, Analyst)
Radio: 105.7 FM (Baltimore) / 980AM (Washington, D.C.) (Johnny Holliday, play-by-play; Chris Knoche, analyst; Walt Williams, analyst)
Stream: March Madness Live
Catch up before the game
- Maryland men’s basketball NCAA Tournament preview: Round of 32 vs Alabama
- Forward Galin Smith will share the floor with former Alabama teammates in Round of 32
- Maryland men’s basketball continues NCAA Tournament run with a chip on its shoulder
- Maryland men’s basketball defeats Connecticut, 63-54, advances in NCAA Tournament
- Three takeaways from Maryland men’s basketball’s NCAA Tournament win over UConn
- Testudo Times Podcast: March = Madness
- Road to Indianapolis: Episode 3
This sponsored post was published according to our guiding principles.