Maryland men’s basketball will start off the 2021 Big Ten tournament against Michigan State Thursday morning.
The Terps are coming off a close loss to Penn State, 66-61, which cost them the No. 7 seed and a tie for a sixth place finish in the conference. Maryland led by as much as 16 points, but the team crumbled down the stretch.
Michigan State is coming off a narrow victory against Michigan last Sunday, knocking off the then-No. 2 team in the country, 70-64, after suffering a defeat in their matchup earlier that week.
Maryland is seeded eighth and Michigan State is seeded ninth in the tournament. The Terps beat the Spartans, 73-55, back on Feb. 28, and they’ll look to do the same to win their first game in the Big Ten tournament since 2016. The winner will go on to face top-seeded Michigan in the quarterfinals.
The game is set to begin at 11:30 a.m. and will be televised on Big Ten Network.
Maryland: 15-12 (9-11 Big Ten)
Michigan State: 15-11 (9-11 Big Ten)
All-time series: Michigan State leads 10-7
Odds: Maryland -1.5 (as of Wednesday night)
How to watch and listen
Thursday, March 10, 2021, 11:30 a.m. ET, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana
TV: Big Ten Network (Kevin Kugler, play-by-play; Stephen Bardo, analyst; Andy Katz, sideline)
Radio: 105.7 FM (Baltimore) / 980AM (Washington, D.C.) (Johnny Holliday, play-by-play; Chris Knoche, analyst; Walt Williams, analyst)
Stream: Fox Sports App
Catch up before the game
- Maryland men’s basketball Big Ten tournament preview: Michigan State
- Darryl Morsell wins Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year
- Road to Indianapolis: Episode 2
- TT Court Vision: Maryland blows a lead on senior night against Penn State
- Three takeaways from Maryland men’s basketball’s senior night loss to Penn State
- Maryland men’s basketball falters late, drops rematch with Penn State, 66-61
- Maryland men’s basketball thoroughly dispatches Michigan State in 73-55 victory