Welcome to Back with the Squad, a new series where we’ll reunite past Maryland teams over video chat.
On the first episode, Lila Bromberg brings members of the 2014-15 Maryland men’s basketball team back together over a Zoom chat. These Terps transitioned from the ACC to the Big Ten, made the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2010 and .set the record for the most regular season wins in program history.
Get an inside perspective on the season from Dez Wells, Damonte Dodd, Jared Nickens, Varun Ram, Jon Graham, Jacob Susskind and student manager Alex D’Alessio. Assistant coach Bino Ranson also makes an appearance. There are a lot of laughs and fun stories in store.
On this episode:
- What was the team mindset heading into the season?
- Everyone discusses the transition from the ACC to the Big Ten.
- How did beating Iowa State serve as a coming out party for these Terps?
- What goes into offseason training with Kyle Tarp, director of basketball performance?
- We take a look back at when Maryland beat Michigan State on the road.
- What was it like to have fans storm the court after beating No. 5 Wisconsin?
- Varun Ram gives insight on his big moment against Valparaiso in the NCAA Tournament.
- The guys discuss a tough loss to West Virginia in the NCAA Tournament.
- We play a fun game of “Most likely to.”