No. 9 Maryland men's basketball will look to take control of the Big Ten standings and extend its winning streak to six games as it heads to Illinois to take on the Fighting Illini.
This is not the first time the two teams have met this season. The Terps came away with a 59-58 win over Illinois back in December in College Park after some late game heroics from Anthony Cowan Jr, who hit a game-tying three and a game-winning free throw.
The Terps come into this one riding a nice wave of wins and some phenomenal play from Jalen Smith, who is averaging 17.4 points, 10.4 rebounds and 2.6 blocks while shooting 51 percent from beyond the arc in conference play.
To come away with the big road win, Maryland will need to shut down Ayo Dosunmu — a high-scoring guard averaging 15.8 points per game — and Kofi Cockburn — a strong big man presence in the middle averaging 14 points, 9.2 boards and 1.36 blocks per game.
The game will be televised on FS1.
Maryland: 18-4 (8-3 Big Ten)
Illinois: 16-6 (8-3 Big Ten)
All-time series: Maryland leads 10-6
Odds: Illinois -3, O/U 127 (as of Friday morning)
How to watch and listen
Friday, Feb. 7th, 8:00 p.m. (EST), State Farm Center, Champaign, Ill.
TV: FS1 (Dave Revsine, Play-by-Play; Stephen Bardo, Analyst)
Radio: 105.7 FM (Balt.) / 980 AM (DC), TuneIn Radio App, XM/Sirius 83 (Johnny Holliday and Chris Knoche)
Stream: Fox Sports Live
Catch up before the game
- No. 9 Maryland men’s basketball vs No. 20 Illinois preview (Part 2)
- With a title on its mind, No. 9 Maryland men’s basketball is relying on its tenacious defense
- Testudo Times Podcast: First place focus
- No. 9 Maryland men’s basketball escapes uset at home, beats Rutgers, 56-51
- Three takeaways from No. 9 Maryland men’s basketball’s 56-51 victory over Rutgers
- TT Court Vision: Defense gets it done in ugly win over Rutgers
- Photo gallery: No. 9 Maryland men’s basketball survives Rutgers, 56-51
- Anthony Cowan Jr.’s heroics lead No. 3 Maryland men’s basketball past Illinois, 59-58