No. 9 Maryland men’s basketball will look to keep rolling Tuesday against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights in a pivotal Big Ten battle.
The Terps reentered the top-10 this week following a huge victory over Iowa on Jan. 30. Jalen Smith and Anthony Cowan Jr. continued their stellar play on the season in a 82-72 victory over the Hawkeyes.
A win against Rutgers will move Maryland to 8-3 in Big Ten play. And if No. 16 Michigan State loses to No. 22 Penn State, the Terps would enter into a three-way tie with the Spartans and Illinois for first place in the conference standings.
Rutgers — despite dropping out of the rankings following a loss to Michigan over the weekend — has enjoyed a tremendous season in head coach Steve Pikiell’s fourth season.
Sophomore forward Ron Harper Jr. and junior guard Geo Baker have been the catalysts for the Scarlet Knights this season, looking to lead the team to its first NCAA Tournament berth since 1991.
Maryland: 17-4 (7-3 Big Ten)
Rutgers: 16-6 (7-4 Big Ten)
All-time series: Maryland leads 9-2
Odds: Maryland -7.5 O/U 129.5 (as of Monday night)
How to watch and listen
Tuesday, Feb. 4th, 7:00 p.m. (EST), Xfinity Center, College Park
TV: FS1 (Tim Brando, play-by-play; Len Elmore, analyst)
Radio: 105.7 FM (Balt.) / 980 AM (DC), TuneIn Radio App, XM 195, Sirius 135 (Johnny Holliday, Walt Williams and Chris Knoche)
Stream: Fox Sports Live
Catch up before the game
- No. 9 Maryland men’s basketball vs Rutgers preview
- Maryland men’s basketball rises to No. 9 in latest AP Top 25 Poll
- Anthony Cowan Jr. named Big Ten Player of the Week
- No. 15 Maryland men’s basketball rallies behind Anthony Cowan Jr. and Jalen Smith in 82-72 win over No. 18 Iowa
- No. 15 Maryland men’s basketball is finally playing with confidence, and it shows
- TT Court Vision: Maryland’s stars pave the way to victory over No. 18 Iowa
- Three takeaways from No. 15 Maryland men’s basketball’s 82-72 win over No. 18 Iowa
- Photo gallery: No. 15 Maryland men’s basketball beats No. 18 Iowa, 82-72