No. 7 Maryland men’s basketball will look to extend its winning streak to nine games and remain atop the Big Ten standings as it hosts the Northwestern Wildcats.
This is the second of two regular season matchups between these teams. The Terps came away with a 77-66 win over Northwestern on Jan. 21 in Evanston, Illinois, after a huge second half comeback. The Terps dropped 51 second-half points and Jalen Smith scored a then-career-high 25 points.
The Terps came into that game after a win over Purdue and beating Northwestern was good for their first road win of the season. This time around, Maryland is riding an eight game win streak, in all of which Smith has recorded a double-double. Smith’s eight straight double-doubles is the third longest streak in program history.
To remain perfect at home and defeat Northwestern, Maryland will need to play the basketball that it has been playing for the last month. If the much improved defense can contain Northwestern’s Pat Spencer, Miller Kopp, and Pete Nance, then the Terps should have no problem handling the conference’s last place team.
The battle of first place and last place in the Big Ten will be televised on BTN.
Maryland: 21-4 (11-3 Big Ten)
Northwestern: 6-18 (1-13 Big Ten)
All-time series: Maryland leads 9-2
Odds: Maryland -15, O/U 130.5 (As of Monday night)
How to watch and listen
Tuesday, Feb. 18, 8:00 P.M. (EST) Xfinity Center, College Park, MD
TV: BTN (Kevin Kugler, Robbie Hummel)
Radio: 105.7 FM (Balt.) / 980 AM (DC), TuneIn Radio App, XM/Sirius 83 (Johnny Holliday, Chris Knoche)
Stream: Fox Sports App
Catch up before the game
- No. 7 Maryland men’s basketball vs Northwestern preview (Part 2)
- ‘Road dawgs’: No. 7 Maryland men’s basketball has become a force away from College Park
- Maryland men’s basketball climbs back to No. 7 in latest AP Top 25
- Anthony Cowan Jr. named Big Ten Player of the Week for third time this season
- No. 9 Maryland men’s basketball overcomes blown lead late, defeats Michigan State 67-60
- Three takeaways from No. 9 Maryland men’s basketball’s 67-60 win against Michigan State
- Film room: Anthony Cowan Jr. wills Terps to huge road win at Michigan State
- Photo gallery: No. 9 Maryland men’s basketball tops Michigan State on the road
- Testudo Times Podcast: The streaks continue
- ouTTakes Podcast: Scott Van Pelt