No. 12 Maryland basketball will face its toughest opponent of the season on Tuesday when it hosts No. 11 Ohio State at 7:00 p.m. on ESPN.
In the wake of the loss of the Mitchell twins via the transfer portal, the Terps have responded well, showing off their ability to adapt on their current two-game win streak.
Their most recent win — a 75-59 victory against Indiana — saw the usual suspects contribute, with Jalen Smith recording a game-high 19 points and Anthony Cowan Jr. and Aaron Wiggins each chipping in 13 of their own.
The Buckeyes, on the other hand, are in the midst of their roughest stretch of the season, having dropped their last two games to Wisconsin and then-No. 22 West Virginia.
The two top-15 teams, heading in opposite directions to start the new year, will square off in a much anticipated Big Ten showdown in College Park.
Maryland has won the previous two meetings against Ohio State, both of which were last season.
Maryland: 12-2 (2-1 Big Ten)
Ohio State: 11-3 (1-2 Big Ten)
All-time series: Maryland leads 7-6
Odds: Maryland -2.5, O/U 134.5 (as of Monday night)
How to watch and listen
Tuesday, Jan. 7th, 7:00 p.m. (EST), Xfinity Center, College Park
TV: ESPN (Dave Flemming, Play-by-Play; Dan Dakich, analyst; Molly McGrath, sideline)
Radio: 105.7 FM (Balt.) / 980 AM (DC), TuneIn Radio App, XM 195, Sirius 135 (Johnny Holliday, Walt Williams and Chris Knoche)
Catch up before the game
- No. 12 Maryland men’s basketball vs No. 11 Ohio State preview
- Maryland men’s basketball jumps to No. 12 in latest AP Top 25
- Having fun and playing fast, Maryland men’s basketball is feeling it
- Darryl Morsell and Jalen Smith spark run, lead Maryland men’s basketball to 75-59 win over Indiana
- Three takeaways from Maryland men’s basketball’s 75-59 win over Indiana
- TT Court Vision: Jalen Smith shines as Terps dominate Hoosiers 75-59