Coming off a much-needed win against Purdue, No. 17 Maryland men’s basketball will look to improve to 15-4 as it faces off against Northwestern Tuesday night.
After back-to-back road losses, the Terps returned to form on Saturday and beat the Boilermakers 57-50. The win was a breath of fresh air for the team, who had suffered a season-worst performance at Iowa and a last-second defeat against Wisconsin.
The game saw a standout performance from sophomore forward Jalen Smith, who led Maryland in scoring and rebounding with 18 points and 10 boards. Freshman forward Donta Scott also turned in an impressive 13-point performance, which marked a career-high.
Maryland will face a Northwestern team coming off a 75-71 defeat to then-No. 24 Illinois. The Wildcats have not had the season they initially hoped for, with a 6-11 record. Currently, they sit at the bottom of the Big Ten with a 1-6 conference record and have only won one of their last eight games.
Still searching for their first true road victory of the season, Maryland will look to take advantage of a struggling Northwestern and leave Evanston with a win.
Maryland: 14-4 (4-3 Big Ten)
Northwestern: 6-11 (1-6 Big Ten)
All-Time Series: Maryland leads 8-2
Odds: Maryland -6.5, O/U 130.5 (as of Monday night)
How to watch and listen
When: Tuesday, Jan. 21st, 7:00 P.M. (ET), Welsh Ryan Arena, Evanston, Illinois
TV: FS1 (Brandon Gaudin, Play-By-Play; Stephen Bardo, Analyst)
Listen: 105.7 FM (Balt.) / ESPN 980 AM (D.C.), TuneIn Radio App, XM 195, Sirius 135 (Johnny Holliday, Walt Williams and Chris Knoche)
Stream: Fox Sports Go
Catch up before the game
- No. 17 Maryland men’s basketball vs Northwestern preview
- Aaron Wiggins is getting his shot back for Maryland men’s basketball
- Maryland men’s basketball stays at No. 17 in AP Top 25
- No. 17 Maryland men’s basketball uses best start of season in 57-50 victory over Purdue
- Three takeaways from No. 17 Maryland men’s basketball 57-50 win over Purdue
- Film room: Jalen Smith’s dominant performance leads the way in win over Purdue
- Testudo Times Podcast: Bumps on the road and a much-needed win
- Maryland men’s basketball fan confidence rebounds in Week 8 FanPulse poll