After capturing the title at the Orlando Invitational in a dominating performance over Marquette, No. 3 Maryland men’s basketball will face off against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET at the Xfinity Center.
The Terps look to remain undefeated as they set out to start the season 9-0 for the first time since 1998-99. Coming off a disappointing season last year, the Fighting Irish have been surging, putting together an impressive 6-1 record up to this point. And they’ll be coming into College park sitting on seven days of rest.
This will be the first matchup between these two teams since Maryland joined the Big Ten in 2014. This game is part of the annual Big Ten/ACC challenge series. Maryland has yet to win a game in the challenge, posting an 0-5 mark since making the move to the Big Ten.
The game will be televised on ESPN.
Notre Dame: 6-1
All-time series: 11-9 Notre Dame
Odds: Maryland -9, O/U 141.5
How to watch and listen
Wednesday, Dec. 4, 7:30 p.m. (ET), Xfinity Center, College Park, MD
TV: ESPN (Dave Pasch, Jimmy Dykes)
Radio: 105.7 FM (Balt.) / 980 AM (DC), TuneIn Radio App (Johnny Holliday, Chris Knoche and Walt Williams)
Catch up before the game
- No. 3 Maryland men’s basketball vs Notre Dame preview
- Maryland men’s basketball jumps to No. 3 in AP Top 25
- Three takeaways from Maryland men’s basketball’s Orlando Invitational showing
- Anthony Cowan Jr. named Co-Big Ten Player of the Week
- TT Court Vision: Anthony Cowan Jr. and Darryl Morsell lead Terps in Orlando Invitational championship