We hosted our latest Testudo Times podcast live from the Stamp Student Union on campus at Maryland this weekend. Managing editors Thomas Kendziora and Lamar Johnson were joined by Aliyah Wilson and others to talk about a bunch of Maryland sports things. The crew was live as part of WMUC Sports’ 24-hour marathon.
The student-run sports station hosted the marathon as part of its “Launch UMD” fundraiser. The station is looking to raise money to allow broadcasters to travel with the sports they cover. Their goal is to raise $8,000 by April 7 to fund a school year of travel.
To donate, go here.
On this show:
- Our friend and Maryland basketball student manager Michael Flynn ran a little late after the Terps left their basketballs for shootaround.
- We previewed Maryland’s Big Ten Tournament game against Northwestern. The Terps later lost 72-64.
- We invited Greg Goldstein, one of our baseball beat writers, on the show to talk about how the Terps have been swinging the bats. Maryland swept Bryant this weekend.
- Daniel Chavkin came on to talk No. 1 Maryland women’s lacrosse, who took down No. 4 Syracuse 17-7 on Saturday.
- Thomas, Aliyah and Justin Fitzgerald talked some Terps women’s basketball.
- Sam Dyson and Guillaume Pierre-Louis from the Super Serious Sports Show stopped by for a sec.