Running back Ty Johnson was released in April by the New York Jets. On Sunday, he was in a prime position to get back at his former team.
Facing fourth-and-1 right outside the red zone, Johnson — now on the Buffalo Bills — caught a swing pass and took it 30 yards to the end zone.
Johnson has spent most of the year on the Bills practice squad, recently joining the active roster as a kick returner. After seeing his first rush attempt in over a year last week, Johnson had three rush attempts for 11 yards on Sunday to go along with three receptions for 47 yards and a touchdown.
Early in the offseason, Johnson tore his pectoral muscle and was released by the Jets. The Bills signed him to a one-year deal in late August, and his best game of the year came in a blowout win against his former team.
Chicago Bears wide receiver D.J. Moore got back to his scoring ways on Sunday against the Detroit Lions. He had seven receptions for 96 yards and a touchdown in quarterback Justin Fields’ return from injury.
Moore has kept his name in the upper echelon of NFL wideouts and could see a spike in production with Fields back.
New York Giants cornerback Deonte Banks had a bounce-back game against the Washington Commanders on Sunday. He had a rough time in recent games, giving up 85 yards in four straight contests, per Pro Football Focus. But this time around, Banks allowed zero receptions by Terry McLaurin and also had two tackles in the win.
Rookie offensive lineman Jaeyln Duncan finally saw the field for the Tennessee Titans on Sunday. Duncan had only played three total snaps prior, but saw 18 snaps in garbage time against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Every Jaelyn Duncan snap from Week 11 - not a lot of action, but I put the "gradable reps" first pic.twitter.com/Yi06ppQ0og— James Foster (@NoFlagsFilm) November 20, 2023
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Rakim Jarrett provided the first highlight of his NFL career this week with a 41-yard reception against the San Francisco 49ers. Jarrett has seen limited burn this year, but had the longest regular-season reception by a Buccaneers rookie since 2019.
- Bills wide receiver Stefon Diggs had four receptions for 27 yards, but lost a fumble.
- Jets defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson registered two quarterback hurries and two tackles.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Josh Woods had seven tackles, including two run stops, in a loss to the Houston Texans.
- Bears edge rusher Yannick Ngakoue registered two pressures.
- Titans tight end Chigoziem Okonkwo had one reception for six yards.
- Colts safety Nick Cross saw 16 snaps on Sunday.
- Las Vegas Raiders cornerback Jakorian Bennett played five snaps against the Miami Dolphins.
- Cleveland Browns guard Michael Dunn was reinstated from injured reserve and played four snaps.
- Steelers running back Anthony McFarland Jr. saw four snaps against the Browns.
- Steelers guard Spencer Anderson did not see the field.
- Green Bay Packers safety Darnell Savage remained on injured reserve.
- Dolphins defensive end Byron Cowart and Seattle Seahawks tight end Tyler Mabry remained on their teams’ practice squads.
- Running back Jake Funk was cut from the Dolphins practice squad.