In the midst of its longest losing streak of the season, Maryland men’s basketball will need just about a perfect performance on Sunday to snap the skid. The Terps will be facing one of the Big Ten’s best on the road in the Purdue Boilermakers.
Maryland has dropped each of its last four games and with those losses it has firmly cemented itself in the bottom half of the conference standings. The most recent defeat came in College Park when the Terps couldn’t contain the Hawkeyes. Iowa scored an astounding 110 points to push Maryland’s home record to under .500.
On the other hand, Purdue is enjoying a stellar season. Now the No. 3 team in the nation, the Boilermakers have captured wins in 21 in 25 games.
Let’s take a quick look at the matchup.
Maryland: (11-13, 3-10 Big Ten)
Purdue: (21-4, 10-4 Big Ten)
All-time series: Purdue leads 6-5
Odds: Purdue -15.5 (Courtesy of DraftKings Sportsbook, *Odds/lines subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.)
How to watch and listen
Sunday, Feb. 13, 1 p.m. ET, Mackey Arena, West Lafayette, Indiana
TV: CBS — Spero Dedes, Clark Kellogg
Radio: 105.7 FM (Baltimore) / 980 AM (Washington, D.C.), One Maryland App, Sirius XM 388 (Johnny Holliday, Walt Williams and Chris Knoche)
Stream: Watch CBS Sports
Catch up before the game
- Maryland men’s basketball at No. 3 Purdue preview
- Maryland men’s basketball surrenders season-high in points in 110-87 home loss to Iowa
- Three takeaways from Maryland men’s basketball’s ugly showing against Iowa
- Three takeaways from Maryland men’s basketball’s loss to No. 16 Ohio State
- Maryland men’s basketball struggles to contain No. 16 Ohio State in 82-67 loss
- Maryland men’s basketball’s second-half comeback falls just short in 65-63 loss to No. 13 Michigan State
- Three takeaways from Maryland men’s basketball’s deflating loss to No. 13 Michigan State
- Experience and leadership: Xavier Green is using his role on the team to keep energy levels high