Maryland men’s basketball will look to make it two wins in a row when it squares off with the Rutgers Scarlet Knights on Saturday afternoon in College Park.
It was a long battle for the Terps the last time out, but they ultimately captured a seven-point win victory over Northwestern on the road a few nights ago. The win was Maryland’s first Big Ten win of the season after dropping the first four games of conference play. It was also interim head coach Danny Manning’s first conference win at his new position.
Now the Terps will look to build their winning streak as they hope to build some momentum heading into the second half of the regular season. Let’s take a brief look at the upcoming matchup.
Maryland: (9-7, 1-4 Big Ten)
Rutgers: (9-6, 3-2 Big Ten)
All-time series: Maryland leads 12-5
Odds: Maryland -4.5 (Courtesy of DraftKings Sportsbook, *Odds/lines subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.)
How to watch and listen
Saturday, Jan. 15, 2 p.m. ET, Xfinity Center, College Park, Maryland
TV: Big Ten Network — Kevin Kugler (Play-by-Play), Len Elmore (Analyst)
Radio: Maryland Sports Radio Network - Johnny Holliday (Play-by-Play), Chris Knoche (Analyst), Walt Williams (Analyst)
Stream: Fox Sports
Catch up before the game
- Maryland men’s basketball vs. Rutgers preview
- Maryland men’s basketball avoids major collapse, defeats Northwestern, 94-87
- Three takeaways from Maryland men’s basketball’s thrilling win over Northwestern
- Maryland men’s basketball assistant coach Bruce Shingler suspended, charged with soliciting prostitution in October
- Maryland men’s basketball fails to complete comeback, falls to No. 23 Wisconsin, 70-69
- Three takeaways from Maryland men’s basketball’s close loss to No. 23 Wisconsin
- Maryland men’s basketball drops second straight game, falls to Illinois, 76-64
- Three takeaways from Maryland men’s basketball’s loss to Illinois
- Maryland men’s basketball desperately needs a spark from somewhere after road losses to Iowa, Illinois