There are just 12 days until Selection Sunday and 16 days until March Madness officially begins. So, the Testudo Times podcast crew decided to re-launch a limited edition series that will run through the start of the NCAA Tournament to discuss everything you need to know before you make your bracket.
Each week, Lila Bromberg and Matt Levine, joined by former staff writer and current Illinois beat writer Brandon Simberg (The Daily Illini), will discuss how the top ranked teams in the country are doing, how Maryland and other teams stack up in the latest bracket projections, give our latest Final Four picks and take part in some fun debates about the national college basketball scene.
Check out the first episode.
This week, the trio discussed where several Big Ten teams stand right now, the top programs in the country, which teams is are sleeper for the NCAA Tournament.
- Where do the Maryland Terrapins stand right now?
- What is the potential for the Illinois Fighting Illini, currently ranked No. 4 in the nation?
- We breakdown conference races to watch down the stretch.
- Who is the Big Ten Player of the Year?
- Who is the National Player of the Year?
- Gonzaga or Baylor vs. the rest of the field?
- Should Gonzaga try to change conferences for both men’s and women’s basketball?
- What were the most impactful wins and losses from this past weekend?
- Who is on the bubble for seeding in the NCAA Tournament?
- Which sleeper team can make a deep run?
- We preview a debate for which conference is better: the Big Ten or Big 12?
Make sure to follow our Testudo Times Podcast Network Twitter account HERE for exclusive podcast content.
You can find every episode of the Testudo Times Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.