Maryland football is coming off a homecoming win against Indiana and will host Penn State Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
Both teams stand at 5-3 and are looking for their sixth win to qualify for a bowl game.
The Terps started off 4-0, fell in back-to-back games to top-10 teams in Iowa and Ohio State then entered the bye week. Following the break, Maryland traveled to Minnesota where it could not stop the Golden Gophers’ run game and picked up its third loss. The Terps returned home and defeated Indiana, 38-35.
Penn State started 5-0 with wins against Wisconsin, Ball State, Auburn, Villanova and Indiana. However, since the strong start, the Nittany Lions fell to Iowa, Illinois in nine overtimes and Ohio State.
As always, this is your space for thoughts, observations or whatever you would like to share, but be respectful.
Catch up before the game
- Presenting the spreads for all Big Ten matchups this weekend
- Maryland football defensive lineman Greg Rose nominated for 2021 Burlsworth Trophy
- Testudo Times Podcast: Five down, one to go
- Maryland football will rely on unlikely heroes for the remainder of the 2021 season
- Maryland football vs. No. 22 Penn State preview
- How to watch Maryland football vs. No. 22 Penn State