It wasn’t necessarily pretty by any means, but No. 21 Maryland men’s basketball is 2-0 after defeating George Washington on Thursday night in College Park. Maryland edged out the 71-64 win because of a better second-half performance and the Terps will look to make it three straight wins on Saturday afternoon.
Junior center Qudus Wahab excelled on Thursday night, recording his first double-double in a Maryland uniform. He tallied 18 points and added 15 rebounds in the win. Through two games, the transfer from Georgetown is averaging 17.5 points and 10.5 rebounds per game.
The Terps will now look ahead to their third matchup of the season, which will come against Vermont at 2 p.m.
Here’s what you need to know ahead of Saturday’s matchup against the Catamounts.
Maryland: (2-0, 0-0 Big Ten)
Vermont: (1-0, 0-0 America East)
All-time series: Maryland leads 2-0 (wins in 2006 and 2008)
Odds: Maryland -10.5
How to watch and listen
Saturday, Nov. 13, 2 p.m. ET, Xfinity Center, College Park, Maryland
TV: B1G+ — Ben Curtis (Play-by-Play), Travis Valmon (Analyst)
Radio: 105.7 FM (Balt) / 980AM (DC) — Johnny Holliday, Chris Knoche, Walt Williams
Stream: B1G+ App
Catch up before the game
- Three takeaways from No. 21 Maryland men’s basketball tight win over George Washington
- No. 21 Maryland men’s basketball edges out George Washington, 71-64
- Testudo Times Podcast: College basketball is back
- Three takeaways from No. 21 Maryland men’s basketball season-opener win against Quinnipiac
- No. 21 Maryland men’s basketball shows off its new additions, captures 83-69 win over Quinnipiac in season-opener
- Taking an in-depth look at Maryland men’s basketball’s projected starting five
- Donta Scott enters critical junior year, both for himself and Maryland men’s basketball
- A look at how some Maryland men’s basketball players are benefiting from name, image and likeness
- Maryland men’s basketball’s revamped backcourt was years in the making