No. 21 Maryland men’s basketball is riding the momentum of its 83-69 season-opener win over Quinnipiac this past Tuesday.
Center Qudus Wahab and guard Fatts Russell made their regular-season debuts, combining for 29 points in College Park. Freshman forward Julian Reese also bursted onto the scene with 11 points in 19 minutes on the floor. The Baltimore native added seven rebounds and three blocks in the win. Senior guard Eric Ayala scored 13 points and had a team-high eight rebounds.
Maryland is now 1-0 and will turn its attention to the George Washington Colonials on Thursday. The meeting with the Colonials will be the second of five total home games the Terps will have to kick off the season.
Here’s what you need to know ahead of Thursday’s matchup against Georgetown.
Maryland: (1-0, 0-0 Big Ten)
George Washington: (1-0, 0-0 Atlantic 10)
All-time series: Maryland leads 36-32
Odds: Maryland -18
How to watch and listen
Thursday, Nov. 11, 6:30 p.m. ET, Xfinity Center, College Park, Maryland
TV: Big Ten Network — Jason Horowitz (Play-by-play) and Christy Winters-Scott (Analysis)
Radio: 105.7 FM (Balt) / 980AM (DC) - Johnny Holliday, Chris Knoche, Walt Williams
Stream: Fox Sports App
Catch up before the game
- No. 21 Maryland men’s basketball vs. George Washington preview
- Testudo Times Podcast: College basketball is back
- Three takeaways from No. 21 Maryland men’s basketball season-opener win against Quinnipiac
- No. 21 Maryland men’s basketball shows off its new additions, captures 83-69 win over Quinnipiac in season-opener
- No. 21 Maryland men’s basketball guard Eric Ayala named to preseason watch list for Wooden Award
- No. 21 Maryland men’s basketball takes down Fayetteville State, 89-40, in exhibition match
- Taking an in-depth look at Maryland men’s basketball’s projected starting five
- Donta Scott enters critical junior year, both for himself and Maryland men’s basketball
- A look at how some Maryland men’s basketball players are benefiting from name, image and likeness
- Maryland men’s basketball’s revamped backcourt was years in the making