Welcome back to ouTTakes, a podcast that’s here to discuss Maryland sports from an insider’s perspective. Our goal of the podcast is to shine a different light on Terps sport figures and allow you to get to know them as people.
This time, Lila Bromberg and Matt Levine were joined by Marcus Dockery, an incoming freshman combo guard on the Maryland men’s basketball team.
On this episode:
- What has Dockery been doing during the pandemic?
- Dockery talks about what it’s like not being on campus yet with his new teammates and having to work out at home.
- How did playing at four different high schools impact his recruitment and evolution as a player?
- Dockery describes himself as a player both on and off the court.
- What went into his quick decision to become a Terp?
- What Maryland player did Dockery look up to growing up?
- What went into the decision to play at Brewster Academy for his senior year and what was that experience like?
- What is Dockery most looking forward to at Maryland?
- What is his mindset coming in as part of the next generation of Terp guards?
- We end on a series of rapid-fire questions.
You can find every episode of the Testudo Times Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.