Welcome back to ouTTakes, a podcast that’s here to discuss Maryland sports from an inside perspective. Our goal of the podcast is to shine a different light on Terps sport figures and allow you to get to know them as people.
This time, we were joined by Maryland women’s basketball’s Kaila Charles, who finished her career sixth on the Terps’ all-time scoring list.
On this episode:
- What is a normal day like for Charles during this unprecedented time?
- Charles discusses her YouTube channel, “Live w/ KC5!,” and what she’s been doing for entertainment recently.
- What was the moment like when Charles found out her senior season was going to be cut short?
- What sticks out to Charles the most when she breaks down her career at Maryland?
- Did hoisting the Big Ten Tournament trophy in her final career game bring any comfort to her when the rest of the season was canceled?
- What made the 2019-20 Maryland women’s basketball team so special?
- Charles talks about the experiences of having her team over at her house for dinners.
- What are some post-game traditions that the team has?
- How excited is Charles for the 2020 WNBA Draft on April 17?
- What is Charles’ draft day plan?
- What feedback has Charles been hearing from WNBA teams and Maryland alum playing at the next level?
- What does it mean to Charles to be able to take the step to the next level and help grow the women’s side of the sport?
- Charles answers a series of rapid fire questions.
If you would like to sponsor a Testudo Times Podcast, message us on Twitter @testudotimes or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to follow our Testudo Times Podcast Network Twitter account here for exclusive podcast content.
You can find every episode of the Testudo Times Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.