It’s the 184th episode of the Testudo Times Podcast, and we are back to talk about Maryland men’s basketball.
The No. 15 Terps took on Iowa last week at home, in which Anthony Cowan Jr. dropped a career-high 31 points and Jalen Smith put up another double-double for a 82-72 victory. They then moved up to No. 9 after many teams ahead of them lost. On Tuesday, Maryland defeated Rutgers, 56-51, to propel into the top spot in the conference.
Lila Bromberg, special guest Thomas Kendziora, and I discuss the current Big Ten standings. We discuss how the Big Ten tournament would play out if the season ended today, and we predict which team will win the regular season title and the tournament title. We then recap the wins over Iowa and Rutgers before previewing a huge road contest against No. 20 Illinois.
Here we discuss:
- Thoughts on the current Big Ten standings
- Can Maryland win the Big Ten tournament, or at least move past the first game?
- How impactful have Anthony Cowan Jr. and Jalen Smith been?
- What led to a win over then-No. 18 Iowa?
- What allowed Maryland to get past Rutgers?
- How does Maryland get a win in Champaign, Illinois Friday night?
- Predictions for the game
Make sure to follow our Testudo Times Podcast Network Twitter account HERE for exclusive podcast content.
You can find every episode of the Testudo Times Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.