Welcome back to ouTTakes, a podcast that’s here to discuss Maryland sports from an inside perspective. Our goal of the podcast is to shine a different light on Terps sport figures and allow you to get to know them as people.
This time, we sat down for an exclusive interview with ESPN’s Scott Van Pelt, a University of Maryland graduate who is now one of most recognizable and popular personalities in all of sports media.
- SVP shares his favorite Maryland sports memories from back when he was a student.
- What impact did Len Bias’ death have on him?
- What is SVP’s favorite interview he’s ever done?
- SVP talks about what it’s like to get noticed everywhere he goes.
- How did his segment “One Big Thing” come about?
- How has the progression of sports betting changed how he approaches his job, especially with his segment “Bad Beats”?
- What went into the decision to bring the show to Washington, D.C.?
- Will College GameDay come to College Park?
- How far does SVP think Maryland men’s basketball will go this season?
- How did the “Let’s go to Bentley’s” saying come about? Will Bentley’s always be SVP’s go-to bar in College Park?
Make sure to follow our Testudo Times Podcast Network Twitter account HERE for exclusive podcast content.
You can find every episode of the Testudo Times Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.