Welcome back to ouTTakes, a podcast that’s here to discuss Maryland sports from an inside perspective. Our goal of the podcast is to shine a different light on Terps sport figures and allow you to get to know them as people.
On this episode, hosts Lila Bromberg and Matt Levine are joined by Maryland men’s basketball forward Jairus Hamilton, who was deemed immediately eligible for the 2020-21 men’s basketball season on Tuesday following his transfer from Boston College in April.
On this episode:
- Hamilton discusses how he was recruited by Mark Turgeon and his staff prior to committing to Boston College out of high school.
- He discusses some of the top competition he faced in NBA camps and the AAU circuit in high school.
- Though he is from North Carolina, this isn’t Hamilton’s first time living in Maryland. He shares his experience living in Baltimore when his brother attended St. Frances Academy.
- What was the transfer process like for Hamilton?
- He gives us some insight on how the Terps have looked at practice thus far, as well as the team’s underdog mentality.
- What role does Hamilton see himself playing for the team this season.
- We end with a series of rapid fire questions.
You can find every episode of the Testudo Times Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.