After arguably its most exciting win since joining the Big Ten, the newly ranked Terps will head up north to Philadelphia this weekend to take on the Temple Owls.
Maryland, coming off a 63-20 win over then-No. 21 Syracuse, has as much buzz around its football program since the days of Ralph Friedgen. The Terps joined the AP poll this week at No. 21, the highest rank they’ve had since 2006.
With the national attention flooding into College Park, Coach Mike Locksley will need to keep the team focused going into their first road game of the season to avoid the upset. Temple is 1-0 on the season with a 56-12 win over an inferior opponent in Bucknell. They are led on offense by junior quarterback Anthony Russo, who threw for 409 yards and four touchdowns in the team’s week one win.
The Terps lead the overall series against the Owls 7-2, although they lost the last matchup in 2018 by a 35-14 score.
The game will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network
Maryland: 2-0 (0-0 Big Ten)
Temple: 1-0 (0-0 AAC)
All-time series: Maryland leads 7-2
Odds: Maryland is a 7-point favorite
How to watch and listen
Saturday, Sept. 14, noon (ET); Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia
TV: CBS Sports Network (Rich Waltz, play-by-play; Aaron Murray, analyst; John Schriffen, sideline analyst)
Radio: 105.7 FM (Balt.) / 980 AM (DC), TuneIn Radio App, Sirius 211 / XM 196 (Johnny Holliday, CJ Brown and LaMont Jordan)
Stream: CBS Sports
Catch up before the game
- No. 21 Maryland football vs Temple preview: Heading on the road for the first time
- Maryland offensive lineman Ellis McKennie gets to play like an Eagle at Lincoln Financial Field this weekend
- Communication is key for Maryland football’s secondary
- What the opponent is saying: Temple has confidence in stopping Maryland’s offense
- Testudo Times Podcast: As the Terps gain national recognition, a tough Temple game lies ahead
- Opponent Film Breakdown: What to expect from Temple