It’s the 178th episode of the Testudo Times Podcast and both Terps’ basketball teams are heading into the Big Ten/ACC Challenge and conference play.
No. 3 Maryland men’s basketball improved to 8-0 with three wins in four days last week to take the Orlando Invitational championship. No. 9 Maryland women’s basketball has won six straight following its loss to South Carolina. It has dominated in those contests, but stayed put at the same spot in the new AP Poll.
Lila Bromberg, Jordan Gold and I talk about the performances of both basketball teams in last week’s Thanksgiving tournament games. We then preview the Big Ten/ACC Challenge against Notre Dame for men’s basketball and the Big Ten opener against Illinois.
We have a fun segment where we discuss the best “Fighting” mascots across college sports.
Then we discuss the Big Ten/ACC Challenge against No. 13 North Carolina State for women's basketball. We wrap things up discussing the future of the Maryland football program.
Here we discuss:
- Who/what stood out for Maryland men’s basketball over the last week?
- Just how good was Anthony Cowan Jr. in the Orlando Invitational?
- How did the Terps shut down Markus Howard?
- What Big Ten men’s basketball teams have made jumps in the AP Poll?
- Will Notre Dame test the No. 3 Terps?
- Does Maryland have a revenge game in mind against Illinois?
- What are the best “Fighting” mascots in college sports?
- Who/what stood out for Maryland women’s basketball over the last week?
- How will women’s basketball fare against No. 13 NC State?
- What is the future for Maryland football?
Make sure to follow our recently launched Testudo Times Podcast Network Twitter account HERE for exclusive podcast content.
You can find every episode of the Testudo Times Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.