Former Maryland football players had decent performances in Week 9 of the NFL season. Carolina Panthers wide receiver DJ Moore arguably had his best game of the season.
Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Yannick Ngakoue recorded five tackles and two of them were tackles for loss, as he continues to lead the Jags’ defense. Green Bay Packers safety Darnell Savage put up another solid performance.
The NBA regular season is over a week in and Bruno Fernando has been a great surprise for the Atlanta Hawks. Jake Layman has produced very well off the bench so far with his new team, the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Lila Bromberg, Jordan Gold and I recap Week 9 of the NFL season for former Terps. We give our opinions on which Maryland alum is standing out the most in the NFL, as well as who will have the best performance in Week 10.
Then we discuss the first seven of the NBA regular season for former Terps. We give an in-depth look at each player and how they’ve fared over a week into the season. Here’s what we discuss:
- Can Stefon Diggs perform the way he did a couple weeks ago?
- How will DJ Moore fare the rest of the way with QB Cam Newton out for the season?
- Can Yannick Ngakoue make the Pro Bowl roster?
- Is Darnell Savage one of the best defenders in Green Bay?
- How important is Savage to the defense?
- How did each Terp perform in the NBA’s first few games?
- How solid has Jake Layman been so far?
- How surprising has Bruno Fernando been?
- Can Fernando take Alex Len’s starting job?
- Will Huerter break out of the slump?
Week 10 of the NFL season got underway Thursday night. On Sunday, Moore’s Panthers will take Savage’s Packers.
You can find every episode of the Terps in the Pros Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.