It’s the 175th episode of the Testudo Times Podcast and the Maryland men’s and women’s basketball seasons have commenced.
No. 7 Maryland men’s basketball began 2019 with a win over Holy Cross and will host Rhode Island on Saturday night. No. 4 ranked Maryland women's basketball destroyed Wagner in its season opener and will host No. 8 South Carolina on Sunday.
Maryland football heads up north to take on No. 3 Ohio State whom it almost beat last year. The Maryland field hockey team plays in the Big Ten tournament this weekend.
Lila and I talk about the performances of both basketball teams in their season openers. We then preview the men’s basketball game against Rhode Island and the women's basketball game against South Carolina.
We also preview Maryland football’s contest at Ohio State this weekend. The Terps were defeated 52-51 by the Buckeyes last year in overtime. Ohio State is the heavy favorite in this week's contest. And finally, the Maryland field hockey team collected many Big Ten accolades and will compete in the Big Ten tournament this weekend in University Park, Pennsylvania.
Here we discuss:
- Who/what stood out for Maryland men’s basketball in its season opener?
- Who/what stood out for Maryland women’s basketball in its season opener?
- Will URI test Maryland?
- How will Maryland handle South Carolina?
- Predictions for both contests
- How will Maryland football fare against Ohio State?
- How good are the Buckeyes?
- What awards did Maryland field hockey players corral this season and how will they fare in the Big Ten tournament?
Make sure to follow our recently launched Testudo Times Podcast Network Twitter account HERE for exclusive podcast content.
You can find every episode of the Testudo Times Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.