Former Maryland football players are more than half way into the NFL season. Stefon Diggs had another great game in Week 11, helping the Vikings reach their eighth win of the season. DJ Moore also put up another stellar performance as he continues to be consistent.
Two former Terps in the NBA have been slightly banged up. Kevin Huerter has missed time with a sprained rotator cuff and Jake Layman is now out on a day-to-day basis with a toe injury. Bruno Fernando continues to make the most of his minutes, though they’ve been limited. Alex Len had his best performance of the season last weekend posting a 21 point, 10 rebound double-double, but has been struggling so far.
Matt Levine and Jordan Gold recap the week for former Terps in the NFL. We give our opinions on which Maryland alum will stand out the most in Week 12. We also preview Week 12 matchups.
Then we recap the last week of NBA action. Two Terps have missed time due to injury and two others continue to provide something to their team.
Here’s what we discuss:
- Has Stefon Diggs had a good season overall?
- Is Diggs going to make the Pro Bowl?
- How has DJ Moore been?
- What record did Yannick Ngakoue move up in?
- Will Ngakoue make the Pro Bowl?
- Who will be the best Terp in Week 12?
- How has Kevin Huerter’s injury impacted Atlanta?
- How has Bruno Fernando been performing with his meaningless minutes?
- How has Alex Len done the last week?
- Is Jake Layman’s injury serious?
Week 12 of the NFL season got underway Thursday night. NBA action continues throughout the week with the Atlanta Hawks and Minnesota Timberwolves facing off in Atlanta on Monday — which managing editor Lila Bromberg will be covering in person.
You can find every episode of the Terps in the Pros Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.