It’s the 176th episode of the Testudo Times Podcast and the Maryland men’s and women’s basketball seasons have played a couple games each.
No. 7 Maryland men’s basketball improved to 2-0 with a win over Rhode Island Saturday night. Then-No. 4 ranked Maryland women’s basketball suffered its first loss of the season to then-No. 8 South Carolina, and the Terps moved down four spots to No. 8 in the updated AP Poll.
Maryland football suffered its worst loss of the season at Ohio State and now head into a bye week, while the Maryland field hockey and men’s soccer enter the postseason.
Cody Wilcox and I talk about the performances of both basketball teams in their second games of the season. We then preview the men’s basketball game against Oakland and talk women’s basketball game against James Madison and Delaware.
We recap Maryland football’s contest at Ohio State this weekend. The Maryland field hockey team plays in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday against Saint Joseph’s in Charlottesville, Virginia. The Maryland men’s soccer team hosts Indiana in the Big Ten tournament quarterfinals Friday. We talk about both matches.
Here we discuss:
- Who/what stood out for Maryland men’s basketball in its second game?
- Who/what stood out for Maryland women’s basketball in its second game?
- Will Oakland at 3-1 test Maryland?
- What did Maryland women’s basketball struggle with against South Carolina?
- Predictions for both Maryland and Oakland
- How poor did Maryland football play and how well did Ohio State perform?
- How good are the Buckeyes?
- How will Maryland field hockey fare in the NCAA Tournament?
- What has been the reason for Maryland volleyball struggles?
Make sure to follow our recently launched Testudo Times Podcast Network Twitter account HERE for exclusive podcast content.
You can find every episode of the Testudo Times Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.