Former Maryland football players had solid performances in Week 8 of the NFL season. Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs continued his hot streak, which has now lasted three weeks. It seems as if he put his slow start to the season behind him.
Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Yannick Ngakoue recorded two sacks against the New York Jets and continues to lead the Jags’ defense. Green Bay Packers safety Darnell Savage returned to action and recorded seven tackles, which led the team.
The NBA regular season tipped-off and Bruno Fernando has been a great surprise for the
Atlanta Terplanta Hawks. Jake Layman has produced well so far with his new team, the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Jordan Gold and I recap Week 8 of the NFL season for former Terps. We give our opinions on which Maryland alum is standing out the most in the NFL, as well as who will have the best performance in Week 9.
Then we discuss the start of the NBA regular season for former Terps. We give an in-depth look at each player and how they’ve fared a week into the season. Here’s what we discuss:
- What factor has caused Stefon Diggs to turnaround his season?
- Will Diggs continue this level of play?
- How good has Yannick Ngakoue been?
- Is Darnell Savage one of the best defenders in Green Bay?
- How important is Savage to the defense?
- How did each Terp perform in the NBA’s first few games?
- Will Kevin Huerter and Alex Len produce more than they are currently?
- How have Bruno Fernando and Jake Layman looked so far?
Week 9 of the NFL season gets underway Thursday night. On Sunday, Diggs’ Vikings will take on Kansas City. Jake Layman is back in town this weekend to take on the Washington Wizards.
You can find every episode of the Terps in the Pros Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.