It’s the 170th episode of the Testudo Times Podcast and Maryland football is hitting the road for the second straight week. Last time out, the Terps dominated Rutgers in Piscataway, New Jersey, winning 48-7. They’ll look to maintain their confidence, this time behind quarterback Tyrrell Pigrome, Saturday when they head to West Lafayette, Indiana, to take on Purdue for the third time in program history.
Lila Bromberg, Cody Wilcox and I preview the game, taking an in-depth look at how the two teams match up, some tough injuries for the Boilermakers and what it will take for this Maryland team to win its second straight game. And we discuss the announcement of a groundbreaking new Maryland basketball facility.
We also recapped the recent success of both men’s and women’s soccer. We talked about field hockey’s eight straight wins and volleyball’s slight struggles and milestones. Here’s what else we discussed:
- How much will the new Maryland basketball performance center help both the men’s and women’s programs?
- What did Maryland football do right against Rutgers?
- Will Maryland rely more heavily on the passing game or running game?
- How will the youth of Purdue impact the game?
- Maryland and Purdue have only met twice, so what should we expect from the game?
- What does QB Tyrrell Pigrome have to do to be successful in his first start of the year?
- Odds, spread, over/under, predictions for Saturday
- Can men’s soccer continue to win close games?
- Can field hockey keep the winning streak going against two Big Ten foes?
- Can volleyball compete among the Big Ten?
You can find every episode of the Testudo Times Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.