It’s the 173rd episode of the Testudo Times Podcast and Homecoming is here for Maryland football. The Terps have looked quite awful as of late, losing three consecutive games, most recently falling 52-10 to then-No. 17 Minnesota. But there is one thing to be excited about: the throwback uniforms the team is rocking this week.
It’s also almost the start of the season for No. 7 Maryland men’s basketball. Plus, Maryland women’s soccer earned a berth to the Big Ten tournament for the first time in program history.
Lila Bromberg, Cody Wilcox and I talk about the struggles of the Terps’ football program as of late, specifically looking at the loss to the Golden Gophers. We then preview the game against No. 14 Michigan, taking an in-depth look at how the two teams match up and just how badly Maryland could get beat.
On a more positive note, we give our top observations from No. 7 Maryland men's basketball’s open practice. And we have women’s soccer beat reporter Mike Touma on to give insight on the team’s historic season.
Here we discuss:
- What is causing Maryland football’s defensive struggles?
- Who is the right quarterback to help the Terps get over the turnover issues?
- How good really is Michigan?
- What makes the Wolverines’ defense so dominant?
- Odds, spread, over/under, predictions for Saturday
- Is Aaron Wiggins the most improved player for Maryland men’s basketball?
- Can Mark Turgeon have his team play at a faster pace this season?
- What makes this season so special for Maryland women’s soccer?
- Can Maryland women’s soccer go far in the Big Ten Tournament?
Make sure to follow our recently launched Testudo Times Podcast Network Twitter account HERE for exclusive podcast content.
You can find every episode of the Testudo Times Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.