It’s the 169th episode of the Testudo Times Podcast and Maryland football is hitting the road for the second time this season. The Terps disappointed the Maryland faithful losing to Penn State 59-0 Friday. They’ll look to bounce back against Rutgers in Piscataway, New Jersey, on Saturday in a crucial game.
Lila Bromberg, Cody Wilcox and I preview the game, taking an in-depth look at how the two teams match up, some tough injuries for the Terps and what it will take for this Maryland team to right its wrongs over the last two games and beat the Scarlet Knights.
We also recapped the recent success of both men’s and women’s soccer. We talked about field hockey’s six straight wins and volleyball’s slight struggles. Here’s what else we discussed:
- How do the losses of running backs Jake Funk and Lorenzo Harrison III affect the team?
- What went wrong for Maryland football against Penn State?
- What should you expect from Maryland football and Rutgers?
- After combining for zero points last week, how will both Maryland and Rutgers bounce back this week?
- What does QB Josh Jackson have to do better to be successful?
- Can men’s soccer continue to win the one goal difference games?
- What can you expect from Maryland field hockey as it faces a tough schedule?
- Can volleyball compete among the Big Ten?
- Odds, spread, over/under, predictions for Saturday
You can find every episode of the Testudo Times Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.