It’s the 171st episode of the Testudo Times Podcast and the crossover season of Maryland sports is nearly here, with just 18 days left until the start of the basketball season.
Back in College Park to take on the Indiana Hoosiers, Maryland football will look to get back above .500 behind quarterback Tyrrell Pigrome. Last time out, the Terps were dominated by Purdue in West Lafayette, Indiana, losing 40-14.
Lila Bromberg and I preview the game, taking an in-depth look at how the two teams match up, some tough injuries for the Terps and what it’ll take for this Maryland team to win. And we discuss both media days for Maryland men’s and women’s basketball. We discuss key storylines for both teams, though we’ll have in-depth preview podcasts for both programs in the coming weeks.
We also recapped the best performing Terp team of the fall season, looking at recent success for Maryland field hockey. We talked about its 10 straight wins and its road ahead, as the team will most likely make another deep run in the NCAA Tournament.
Here’s what else we discussed:
- Who will potentially start for the Maryland basketball team?
- How good can men’s basketball really be?
- How far can women’s basketball go?
- Who are the key players for both men’s and women’s basketball?
- What is the reason for Maryland football’s struggles?
- How will the Terps fare against the Hoosiers?
- Do Indiana players have the best names of any team Maryland football has faced this season?
- What has been the reason for Maryland field hockey’s success?
- Can field hockey get back to the NCAA Championship?
- Odds, spread, over/under, predictions for Saturday
Make sure to follow our recently launched Testudo Times Podcast Network Twitter account HERE for exclusive podcast content.
You can find every episode of the Testudo Times Podcast on iTunes here, Spotify here and MegaPhone here. If you’re into these things, rating and subscribing will help the podcast grow, and that’s always a good thing.