Many of the nation's top recruits faced-off at Under Armour's Elite 24 event in Brooklyn last weekend, and head coach Turgeon continued his hot recruiting streak this week, welcoming a three-star, four-star and five-star recruit to campus.
Recapping the last 7 days:
- Three-star class of 2016 forward Brachen Hazen and four-star class of 2017 forward Melo Eggleston visited Maryland's campus. The pair were the sixth and seventh recruits to visit College Park in the month of August.
- One of the nation's top recruits Josh Jackson "fell in love with the [Xfinity Center]" and he "could envision" himself at Maryland. The night following this interview, Jackson won the slam dunk contest at Under Armour's Elite 24 event in Brooklyn. He plans to visit Arizona, Kansas and Michigan State, and may not make a decision until the spring.
- At the Elite 24, the top recruit in Maryland, Markelle Fultz, committed to the University of Washington. Maryland was not considered to be in the run for the five-star guard.
- Four-star shooting guard put Maryland in his list of top six schools, which includes Florida State (where he's visiting on 10/10), Georgia, Georgia Tech, Louisville (already officially visited), Maryland (9/12) and North Carolina.
- Kassoum Yakwe, who had narrowed his list to St. John's and Oregon, committed to St. John's and will reclassify to the class of 2015.
- Trevon Duval, one of the top recruits in the class of 2017, unofficially visited Maryland. He's said Maryland was doing a "great job" recruiting him.
- Frank Jackson is considering four schools (BYU, Duke, Utah and Stanford), taking Maryland off his list.