Maryland football picked up three commitments this weekend, none bigger than four-star Bullis (Md.) quarterback Dwayne Haskins. The star of the Terrapins' newly-minted Top-25 class, Haskins promised to try and bring 20 recruits with him to College Park -- most of them elite locals.
He's already gotten one. Haskins helped organize a surprise commitment from Ohio defensive tackle Jeffery Pooler live on a radio show, knocking the first name off his list. That means we get to update our handy graphic, created by Testudo Times copy editor MJ Kurs-Lasky.
Pooler was not the only Ohioan to commit to Maryland this weekend. Massive offensive tackle Terek Zingale did so as well, giving the Terps added depth on the line and another connection in the Midwest region.
New offers: (All ratings according to the 247Sports Composite)
- 2017 cornerback, free safety Troy Simon.
- 2016 Hazelwood, (Mo.) Hazelwood West defensive end James Jennette II. The 6'4, 225-pound prospect holds offers from Maryland and Purdue. Jennette is the 77th-ranked weak side defensive end in the class of 2016 and the 14th-ranked player in Missouri.
- 2017 Clairton (Pa.) cornerback Lamont Wade received an offer from Miami (Ohio).
- Central Catholic (Pa.) offensive tackle Chris Thorpe received an offer from Wisconsin. The 6'5, 298-pound lineman received a Maryland offer in April.
- 2016 Atlee (Va.) athlete JJ Givens received an offer from South Carolina. The Gamecocks were the first SEC school to offer the 6'2, 170-pound prospect. Givens informed me on May 11th that Arizona State and Penn State were the two schools recruiting him the hardest, but Maryland is still in contention.
- 2016 Maryland commit Michael Clark received an offer from North Carolina. The 6'7, 260-pound offensive tackle committed to the Terps back in March.
- 2016 Central Catholic (Pa.) defensive tackle Rashad Wheeler narrowed his list down to Maryland, Penn State and Pittsburgh. The 6'3, 286-pound lineman is the 61st-ranked defensive tackle and 25th-ranked player in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Gilman (Md.) offensive tackle Stephen Spanellis received an offer from Syracuse. Spanellis stands at 6'5, 295 pounds and holds offers from Tennessee, West Virginia, Michigan State, Miami and South Carolina, among others.
- Fellow Gilman prospect Ellison Jordan received an offer from Syracuse. The 6'0, 255-pound defensive tackle holds 20 offers including Penn State, Virginia Tech, Boston College and Michigan State, among others.
- Stephens City, (Va.) Sherando outside linebacker Dylan Rivers received an offer from North Carolina.