Adreene Elliott, Senior, middle blocker, #15
Courtesy Maryland Athletics
Collegiate Stats: Kills: 874 Blocks: 324
High School: Mount Tabor
Hometown: Winston-Salem, NC
How'd She Get to College Park?
Elliott was her team’s most valuable player as a senior and was the conference co-player of the year as a junior. She was also a second team Under Armour All-American as a junior. Chose Maryland over Duke, UNC, Cornell, and Kentucky.
.636 hitting percentage vs. Miami on 10/23/2012.
A great athlete who can touch 10’9", Elliott becomes a six rotation player who challenges Ashleigh Crutcher for the team lead in kills and finds her way onto the all-conference team.
Adreene (pronounced Ah-druh-NAY) is is something of an iron woman for the Terps. She’s played in 279 consecutive sets and has only missed three sets in her career. One of the best athletes on the team, Elliott is also one of the Terps’ most effective shot makers. Her .363 hitting percentage in her sophomore season ranks fourth best in program history. Maryland will need the senior to raise every level of her game if they hope to compete in the Big Ten.
1) Other than teammates and coaches the best thing about being at Maryland is: The students and professors who challenge me to be a better and smarter person.
2) The workout or drill I love to do is: Stadium stairs.
3) My favorite pregame meal is: A fruit smoothie.
4) My pregame ritual or superstition is: I read my Bible.
5) The best or most meaningful on field moment I've ever had is: The first time one of the young girls who comes to our matches reached out to me after a game.
6) The best or most meaningful off field moment I've ever had is: Being able to tell my Mom I had my college education covered in my scholarship.
7) Dog, Cat, or other: A shiba inu dog
8) If not volleyball, then: Gymnastics (of course I'd have to be reincarnated as a 5'4" girl)
9) I go to as many Maryland men's basketball and gymnastics games as I can.
10) If people know only one thing about me, I'd like it to be: I'm a very spiritual person.