Cory Ryan, Senior, midfielder, #4
Courtesy Maryland Athletics
Collegiate Stats: Goals: 4 Assists: 8
High School: Norwood (MA)
Hometown: Norwood, MA
How'd She Get to College Park?
Ryan was a top recruit out of Massachusetts listed as the thirty-third best recruit in the nation by TDS.com. She was a four year first team All-Star and twice MVP of her high school league. With 75 goals and 26 assists, Ryan finished as her school’s all-time leader in points and goals while leading them to their first two postseason appearances. In addition to soccer, Ryan lettered in basketball and track. She chose Maryland over Boston College, Stanford and West Virginia.
"Hard Cor-y" (Another Todd special)
Assisted on the game winning overtime goal at Clemson (9/12/2013).
Scores as many goals as she has assists from Maryland’s attacking midfield and lives up to her preseason player to watch status.
Ryan, who missed minutes and games due to injury in 2013, can and must be a dynamic player in the midfield for the Terps if they are to have a successful season. As a result of the graduation of Haley Brock and Ashley Spivey’s transfer, Maryland needs to replace over half it’s 2013 scoring. Though coach Jonathan Morgan has a solid four player freshman class that features three top 150 players, the senior Ryan will need to take on a leadership role as the Terps look for goal production from new sources.
1) Other than teammates and coaches the best thing about being at Maryland is: The Maryland Pride movement
2) The workout or drill I love to do is: CHAOS (playing small sided games to goals)
3) My favorite pregame meal is: Anything from Sardi's
4) My pregame ritual or superstition is: I love music. Any kind of music. And I get pumped up listening to whatever I'm feeling that day.
5) The best or most meaningful on field moment I've ever had is: The North Carolina threepeat.
6) The best or most meaningful off field moment I've ever had is: Getting my Maryland scholarship.
7) Dog, Cat, or other: Cat
8) If not soccer, then: Any sport. I just want to compete.
9) I go to as many Maryland basketball games as I can.
10) If people know only one thing about me, I'd like it to be: I'm a private person.