Ashleigh Crutcher, Senior, outside hitter, #14
Courtesy Maryland Athletics
Collegiate Stats: Kills :955 Digs 520
High School: Cary Academy
Hometown: Raleigh, NC
How'd She Get to College Park?
The four year letter winner at Cary Academy was an an all-state player and Under Armour Honorable Mention All-America as a senior. She was a North Carolina Gatorade Player of the finalist in 2009. Chose Maryland over UNC, NC State, Georgia Tech, Clemson, and Tennessee among others.
28 Kills vs. Clemson on 10/28/2012.
Leads the Terps in kills and helps Maryland upset a B1G power or two while being named All-Big Ten.
Ashleigh is coming off an injury plagued season in which she played only 77 sets but still finished third on the team with 304 kills and led Maryland in kills per set at 3.95. A two time All-ACC player, she’s been asked to play the full rotation and has frequently shown herself to be Maryland’s best all-around player. Crutcher is likely to be the focus of Maryland’s offense in 2014 but if she can get good support from her teammates she may move to her natural right side position.
1) Other than teammates and coaches the best thing about being at Maryland is: The campus atmosphere because everyone loves this school so much.
2) The workout or drill I love to do is: Outsides versus six. (Outside hitters face three blockers at the front and three defensive players in the back.) It's awesome.
3) My favorite pregame meal is: A PB & J and some chocolate milk.
4) My pregame ritual or superstition is: I put on everything left side first then the right side.
5) The best or most meaningful on field moment I've ever had is: Our last match at NC State because I had so many friends and family there.
6) The best or most meaningful off field moment I've ever had is: The ropes course challenge in my sophomore year because I learned so much about myself and my teammates.
7) Dog, Cat, or other: Other
8) If not volleyball, then: Basketball
9) I go to as many Maryland women's basketball games as I can.
10) If people know only one thing about me, I'd like it to be: I'm extremely goofy. I enjoy making people laugh.